*RECIPE* Nina's Mango Chicken Risotto
Date Posted: 14/05/2018
Preparation Time- 10 minutes
Cooking Time- 30 minutes
80g Arborio Rice
5 Chicken Thighs (Skin on or off depending on how naughty you want to be)
½ Box of Mushrooms
2 Medium Cloves of Garlic
Juice of 2 Big Oranges
4 Tablespoons (or generous squirts) Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Ketchup
½ Teaspoon Paprika
½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
2 Tablespoons Mango Chutney
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add rice and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or so, whilst you carry on with the rest of the food prep, keep an eye on water levels and add some if the pan starts to dry out.
- Dice chicken thighs and cook for 5-10 mins until brown all over then add chopped mushrooms and garlic (stir whenever possible to avoid the garlic burning)
- Mix the sauce ingredients altogether in a bowl- you can switch the oranges for lemons if you want a more ‘tart’ taste- or how about a mix of the two?
- When the rice is almost cooked, add it along with the sauce to the chicken pan and allow to cook for a few more minutes on a medium heat until the rice has absorbed some of the juices and the whole dish is bubbling.
- If you feel like the dish looks too dry for you, try adding a splash of milk as it is cooking.
- For a bit of extra colour and taste once the dish is served, add some finely chopped chives to the top- and Voila! Enjoy!
- (If you are extra hungry- Pitta breads are a lovely addition to this meal!)
Cooking Tools used- Spring Cut Resist Pans, Wusthof Chef's Knife.
Served in- Thomas Loft 24cm Deep Plate